Intensive 4-Week Makeup Program.
Level 1: Beauty
CALL US NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT (SPOTS FILL UP FAST DUE TO POPULARITY, SO PLEASE ACT QUICKLY!):
Our beginner’s course gives you the chance to learn about the industry and start working on your basic craft in a very short period of time.
The 4-week makeup program is designed for students who want to begin their career path as a make-up artist and learn the basics. We not only provide our students with business guidance but portfolio development as well.
This program is also designed to answer and provide any information needed to explore if make-up artistry is right for you. Our instructors personally work with our beginner students to determine the suitable pace to ensure success.
Take the first step towards your dream career by taking this educational opportunity in a growing, dynamic field! Let our expert makeup teachers here in New York City guide you through all the basic skills and prepare you to take the next step.
Professional Makeup Kit Included
Just to ensure that your blossoming makeup career gets started on the right track, we’re also going to throw in a brand new professional makeup kit, free of charge! Not only will you be prepared with proper training, you’ll have the tools to be successful.
YOUR MAKEUP KIT INCLUDES:
- MF ARTIST ROUGE LIP PALETTE (retail value of $45)
- CITY COLOR BLUSH PALETTE (retail value of $12)
- LA GIRL CONTOUR PALETTE (retail value of $10)
- INGLOT Makeup Brush 31T (retail value of $15)
- 24-Piece Set: Professional Makeup Brush Kit - (retail value of $30)
- METAL PLATE WITH SPATULA (retail value of $10)
- Comfortable Makeup Bag (retail value of $20)
- INGLOT HD PERFECT COVERUP FOUNDATION x 3 (retail value of $105)
- INGLOT UNDER EYE CONCEALER x 3 (retail value of $45)
- MF EXCESSIVE LASH Arresting Volume Mascara (retail value of $25)
- SMASHBOX EYESHADOW FULL EXPOSURE PALETTE (retail value of $52)
- INGLOT AMC EYELINER GEL 77 (retail value of $14)
- INGLOT TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER (retail value of $12)
- IMAGIC CAMOUFLAGE CREAM PALETTE (retail value of $10)
Total value: $405
*Kits are subject to change
At the end of our intensive 4 week makeup program you also have the opportunity to receive a first hand photoshoot experience. Our last class designed to allow you to see how your makeup is captured on camera by means of a headshot photoshoot, where our professional photographer works with you to capture your best work. At the end of the program you not only walk away with training but also a retouched photo and up to five un-retouched photos which you are able to use for your portfolio or even your resume.
Pro Cards and Discounts
Upon graduation we provide guidance with PRO Card Applications as well as enable students to obtain memberships at our partners, Frends Beauty and Nigels Beauty Emporium. Two online companies will provide up to 40% off in brands such as Make Up For Ever, L’Oreal, Stila, Naked Cosmetics, Becca, Beauty Blender, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Morphe, Zuca, NYX, Smashbox, Too Faced, Temptu and much more.
We understand that as you grow as a makeup artist, building and adding on to your collection is a vital part of your success.
See What Others Have To Say About Us
Great Job! Very satisfying! I've grown from being a "rookie" with make up to almost like professional artist, gained necessary knowledge, experience and confidence. The teachers are amazing, very helpful and kind. And of course Nina is just a sweetheart, she gives lots of attention to every student in the studio and always there with advice and help. Thank you.:)
- Katia A.
When I decided to start career as a makeup artist I was looking for a makeup school which wouldn't be not so expensive and teachers would be good. I found Nina MUA makeup classes! I chose an intensive makeup program for beginners. It was so interesting! The director of this school is Nina, she is amazing:) She always can help you in any questions! Also two others teachers Jezz and Mariana are professionals! I have not taken hairstyle class yet but I will! Thank you for great time!
P.S. Also they have bonus class on Friday. I was once. It is really good opportunity to practice in a professional studio!
- Valentina M.
2 DAYS A WEEK, 3 HOURS PER DAY, 4 WEEKS
TOTAL: 24 HOURS
Lesson #1: Introduction to Makeup Artistry & Foundations
- Rules of the school
- Makeup kit overview
- How to clean your tools appropriately
- How to communicate with clients
- Understanding the client needs
- Makeup artist appearance
- Skin preparation
- Base matching
- Skin types
- Types of finish
Lesson #2: Correction and Basic Correcting Makeup
- Color correction
- Correcting makeup
- Nude makeup
Lesson #3: Basic Smokey Eye and Contouring
- Types of eyes
- Basic eyeliner techniques
- Powder and cream
- Carbon black smokey eye technique
- Romantic smokey eye technique
- Romantic colorful smokey eye
LESSON #4: FULL MAKEUP APPLICATION AND LIPS
- Full makeup application (Overview lessons 1-3)
- Exploration of different types of makeup application
- Lips techniques
- Bigger lips
- Red lipstick
- Long lasting lipstick techniques
LESSON #5: BRIDAL MAKEUP
- Airbrush introduction
- Foundation and contouring with airbrush
- Long lasting makeup
- How to consult the bride
- Makeup trial
- Bridal eye makeup
- Individual lashes
- Strip lashes
LESSON #6: MATURE SKIN MAKEUP
- Skin preparation
- Types of foundation
- Ideal eye makeup for droopy eyes
LESSON #7: TV/PHOTO/VIDEO & CREATIVE MAKEUP
- TV/Photo/Video makeup techniques
- Creative makeup techniques
- False lashes
- Photoshoot trial
LESSON #8: PHOTOSHOOT
Graduation photoshoot with professional photographer
Result: Upon completion you will graduate with hands on training in basic makeup artist training and first hand photoshoot experience with credentials.
*The curriculum topics are subject to change; Changes if necessary will be announced in class.
Upon graduation, students receive an Industry Recognized Diploma.
The Nina Mua programs are open to candidates over 18 years of age (unless given signed permission by a parent/guardian) and hold a high school diploma or equivalent. The individual must have a basic understanding of the English Language and have valid photo ID.
Please get in touch with us to discuss your options if you do not meet our minimum requirements.
FINANCIAL PLAN: JUST $450 PER WEEK
Payment plan available to help you to enroll and reserve your spot today in our program.
1st payment of $450 due reserve your spot.
2nd payment of $450 due on the 1st week.
3rd payment of $450 due on the 2nd week.
4th payment of $450 due on the 3rd week.
Or Pay in Full $1800
*Please note, all enrollment periods close 7 days before classes' starting dates.
*A non-refundable $100 tuition fee is included in this installment/full payment
FINANCING OPTION: PAYPAL CREDIT
Pay through Paypal Credit. It is a service that lets you buy now and pay later.
There is no annual fee for using it. You have the option to make no payments for 6 months. You will receive monthly statements and can make payments at any time. As long as you pay in full by the promotion expiration date, you will not be billed interest for that purchase. If you do not pay in full, interest will be calculated from the posting date (which is usually within a few days after the purchase date) and will be billed to your account.
*Approval takes only seconds.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A full refund will be issued if the was to make a cancellation 10 days in advance to the first class with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee.
- Thereafter, the student will be held liable for,
- The non-refundable registration fee plus;
- The cost of any material accepted from Nina Mua plus;
- Tuition liability as of the other student last day of physical attendance. Tuition liability will be determined by the percentage of the program offered to the student.
(Please refer to your school catalog for more information)